Information for Hosting a Lightworker Seminar
Last updated 2/10/06
Thank you for requesting a Host packet. We have decided to put our host packet on-line so that it always remains the most current information. As a host we invite you to check back here often for updates. The last updated date at the top alerts you to important updates.
All of the seminars are based on information channeled by Steve from “the Group.” These are life changing events that are designed to help people apply the principals of personal empowerment into their lives with practical applications.
We would love to be able to go everywhere, but unfortunately if our mailing list does not support an area we may not be able to present a seminar there.
Lightworker promotes the event on our web site and through targeted e-mail. We also do a mailing to our own list in your area of between 400 and 1000 people. We provide on-line registration and forward you all of the registrations forms as they come in. We will ask you to handle all the phone calls related to the seminar, including registration, directions, accommodations and the private sessions. We take all financial risks, do the mailings and sign all contracts. Once we pass our minimum of 35 paid registrations, we return to you 12% of the gross or one out of every ten tickets that you can sell of give to people who are important to you.
If you are a professional promoter and wish to talk about other arrangements we welcome your call.
As a host, all of your expenses must be approved in advance and will then be reimbursed. In the event we end up presenting a seminar with less than 35 paid attendees there will be no profit sharing.
After reading this page if you are interested in the next step, please call and lets discuss it and book a date. Our number is (702) 871 3317 Pacific Time. The next step after booking a date is to read over the Detailed Host instructions. Please read this over carefully and call with any questions. Good communications between us is very important. We encourage you to call us often and provide you with a special contact information.
Our schedule is quite busy. However, this is our passion and we will make room for an event at every opportunity. Please call if you wish to go forward. Below are 9 points that explain the details and should give you a clear idea of what is involved with Hosting a Lightworker event.
1. Hosts attend their own seminars at no charge.
2. We are relying upon the host to bring in a portion of the attendance. We realize that some of you have never done this before so the main thing we wish to emphasize is Communication. Call often please.
3. As we support the entire Lightworker structure with these events we need them to be profitable. Approx. 45 days prior we will assess the status of each event. If it is not flowing easily or not being supported by the Universe we will cancel. Cancellations are extreemly rare.
4. Goods or services supporting the host may be sold at these events if you choose. We ask to keep all sales and promotions very low key. We ask that outsiders do not bring in goods or promotional material without approval. We like to provide a network table for brochures for the people who attend. Again we ask that this space be reserved only for the people attending the event. Your material and goods are welcome. We often have healers who host our events and it is our intent to blend our people with yours.
5. We will promote the event on-line and offer on-line registration. When a registration come in we will forward it to you so that you can respond to the participants telling them we received the registration and any pertinent information about where the seminar is being held etc. We will also mail to our own mailing list as part of the expenses covered. All other mailings and fliers must be approved prior to distribution.
6. The host will need to locate a meeting space large enough to handle the numbers. We suggest you look first at places where other similar seminars are being presented. These usually provide reasonable accommodations and the seminar room. Most of the time we use hotels. There is much more on this in the Detailed Host instructions.
7. We usually do the event on a Saturday and or Sunday. The previous or following two days Steve will offer private channeling sessions. We will ask you to schedule the private sessions by simply asking people when they call in if they also would like a session. If they want you to explain it to them simply refer them to our web page here or to call our offices at 702 871 3317 and our staff will explain it in detail. Just for your information, the sessions are a very popular part of our work and the phone session we provide are generally booked six months in advance or more. More on this including a schedule blank page is in the Detailed Host instructions.
8. We have found radio to be a tremendous help especially if it can be a call in show and it also has internet broadcast capabilities. Steve offers free two minute readings that attract callers from all over the globe. If radio programs can be schedueled a week or two in advance they can attract local interest. We have found display advertising to be of little use although there could be times where we might utilize it especially if the center is connected with a publication or when a publication is running our articles. Similarly placing fliers in bookstores and healing centers has never produced results for us.
9. We will refer all registration to you the host. Checks will be made out to Lightworker. In the event you are an international host you will need to open a joint account where all funds will be deposited. We are now a nonprofit corporation and we must be very careful that all moneys are accounted. We do accept all credit cards and will process those ourselves.
The seminars we offer are our passion. We make space at every opportunity to present this information first hand. Please call for further information and to discuss a potential date for your area.
Steve or Barbara Rother